Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blessed

Since my last post, we have chosen our agency. Our adoption application is filled out, numerous phone calls to the agency have been made, and we are on the right track for this adoption to take place. We have started a separate account at the bank for the adoption, and friends and family have been giving generously. We have enough to pay our application fee when we go on Monday, and we are well on our way to having enough money to pay for our home study fee. A month ago we were wondering where we were going to get this money from, and I kept being assured by God that He would provide. It happened... He provided. He continues to lay it on people's hearts to help us out. I feel so blessed to be seeing this unfold right before our eyes.

People keep asking us "Do you want a boy or a girl?" Josh and I always instantly spit out the same answer... "No preference, we just want a baby!" We can't wait to meet and love on the precious child that God has chosen for us. I am so happy to be able to share our story with others. Maybe through our love and devotion to the Lord, we can lead someone else to salvation. That is my only hope, that others can see what will happen for you if you answer God's calling.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers throughout this journey. Pray that we know the right decisions to make, and that everything goes smoothly from beginning to end. We have never been so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us, and I can't wait to share with my child one day how everyone helped us out and prayed for a child they had never met.

God bless you all, and keep watching for more updates in the months to come!

1 comment:

  1. Emily,

    I have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!

    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete