Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Happy Happy

After some disappointing news a few weeks ago, we finally have some good news, and I couldn't be more happy! :)

Let's start with the bad news first, and then end on a happy note! We hadn't heard anything from our adoption agency all summer, no updates... nothing. I was getting concerned and wanted to call and make sure everything was on track. I called and spoke with a lady... that was not our social worker. She informed me that our social worker was out on maternity leave, but that she could help me. I asked her if things were on track for them to get started working with us in November, as we were previously told. She said that they were on a hold at the agency to try and get placement for families that had been waiting for a long time. I was a little disappointed, but I understood their reasoning for that. She then told me it could be quite some time before we were actually accepted into their program. Again... I was disappointed, but I also know that things happen in God's time, not mine. About a week later, we received a call saying that it would actually be at least 2-3 YEARS before they could work with us because of my stroke last year. I had already discussed this with the agency before paying them any money or turning in our contract. Unfortunately, we were misinformed and due to policies in place at their agency, they would not be able to work with us at this time. We were able to get our money back... and we started again at square one. What a blow to our hearts. :(

About two months ago, I saw someone "like" a photo on Facebook. It was a picture that an adoption consulting firm had posted of a baby that was just placed with a family. I was intrigued, and began checking this place out. What an amazing group of people... I knew then and there that we had to learn more and work with them! With a little bit of investigation, I found out that someone I knew actually used this place for their adoption this year. We spoke on the phone and discussed their experience. I learned more about the consulting firm, about their faith, and about what they do for their clients. This was the place for us... these people have a prayer team, they provide as much information as possible about grants and loans, they care about their clients! Soon after learning about them, they posted on Facebook that they would be accepting only a few more families for this year, so we knew that we had to get our paperwork in! Last week we sent in our application, and our references sent in reference letters for us. Last night at 10:37 P.M. I got the email I had been waiting for! We were accepted into their program... HENCE my late night excited photo! This is beyond exciting to us, and we can't wait to dig in and get started! God is putting everything in place for us, and I have no doubt that He will fund what He favors!

Thanks for all the prayers, donations, and sweet comments thus far. We have had a difficult journey to where we are now, and we are so happy for the positive things that are beginning to happen for us.

Faith means believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse.”

- Philip Yancey


No comments:

Post a Comment